A message from the FIC Event Team and Art of Community…..
We Invite You to Join the FIC Celebrations of Its 25th Anniversary!
You can send in a Note of Appreciation,
Or You can Invite or Join Folks in a Local/Regional Gathering!
For those of you who can attend the FIC’s Celebrations scheduled for Saturday, April 21st during the Regional Communities Gathering in Durham NC, that’s Great! We are looking forward to acknowledging the highlights of everything accomplished by the FIC, as well as taking time to vision where we could best be directing our attention for the next 25 years. We are excited about gathering together later on this month and having you add your voice to the choir! Contact Betsy Morris about details: firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-842-6224.
For those of you who know that you will not be attending the gathering in NC, we want to support your interest in participating in the FIC’s 25th Anniversary by inviting you “to be present in spirit” and to consider setting up or joining in a local Celebratory gathering to honor this momentous occasion! This Spring provides a Great Opportunity to Celebrate Community and we are excited to support you in bringing people together where you are. If you’re inspired to “raise a toast” in honor of FIC, here are some possibilities for you to consider:
To participate remotely with the Earth Day Weekend Celebration in NC:
- Express your Appreciations & Best Wishes to the FIC Board: Prepare individual and/or group generated notes or other creative expressions (like a collage) – we want to hear what FIC: * has meant to you, * has brought to your life, and * has contributed to your experience of community. Please Send your Expressions to Ma’ikwe Ludwig: email@example.com.
- Capture your Communal Sharing moments on video and then share these in various fun places such as on the FIC Facebook page and during larger community conferences like the next Art of Community, September 21-23 in Occidental, CA.
Interested in hosting a house party? Or joining a Local Gathering? Spring Gatherings are being organized around the country- we encourage you to break bread together & celebrate:
- Share with each other your stories about community & your hopes for building cooperative culture.
- Talk about the great resources FIC offers, such as: Communities Directory, Communities magazine, Community Bookshelf, our website, and our Events Program.
- Explore ways to generate support for the Art of Community conference in this fall.
Send a representative from your region via a group-generated scholarship fund, in the spirit of it takes a village to build a village!
- Brainstorm how local organizations and businesses can support the fall event such as through donations to the benefit auction, by becoming a sponsor, funding a scholarship recipient.
We encourage you to invite anyone near you who has an interest in community, to get together, share what community means to you, and help us bang the drum.
If you want to host a party or find out where one is being held near you,
please contact Lenel: firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 609-9469
We hope you can participate in this landmark celebration of the FIC!
Together, we are making a difference.
Disclaimer: News posts received in email or RSS feeds from our website may contain advertising.
The FIC is not affiliated with the advertisers, nor do we choose them to be in our emails. Advertising connected to our emails does not necessarily reflect our views and opinions.